RAW OREO SLICE
PREPARE: 30 MINUTES SET TIME: Freeze overnight
1. To prepare the brownie, blend the almonds, coconut flour, salt, vanilla and cacao powder in a high powered food processor until a fine crumb forms. Add the dates and coconut oil and blend until well combined and a dough begins to stick together.
2. Transfer to a bowl and gradually add small amounts of water until the dough sticks together further. Only add as much as you need until it forms a soft dough.
3. Reserve 1⁄4 of the mixture and press the rest evenly into a lined brownie pan or loaf pan and freeze for a few hours until firm.
4. Rinse and drain the cashews and blend the cream layer ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth and creamy and no lumps remain. Pour over the base evenly.
5. Break the mixture you reserved earlier and scatter it through the cream mixture. Smooth the top of the slice with the back of a spoon.
6. Freeze the whole slice overnight. When ready to slice, allow to defrost for 10 minutes and then slice with a hot, wet knife for best results.
7. To make the chocolate drizzle, simply whisk the ingredients together with a fork until no lumps remain. Add more coconut oil if you’d like it thinner. Drizzle over the slices and enjoy immediately. Keep any uneaten slices in the freeze and simply defrost as you need.
2 cups raw almonds
1 1⁄2 cups coconut flour
2 cups dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
1⁄3 cup melted coconut oil
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1 tsp vanilla bean paste water as needed
1 1⁄2 cups raw cashew nuts,