What You Should Know about Children’s Vitamin Products and Where to Buy Vitamins Online in NZ
The best way for children to obtain all the nutrients they need is through a balanced, healthy diet of whole foods, including protein sources, dairy products, whole grains, and lots of plant foods. However, given how time-crunched most parents are these days, it’s virtually impossible to eat a perfect diet. There are bound to be some nutritional holes, and vitamin supplements are an effective way to bridge the gap and ensure that kids receive everything their growing bodies need.
In particular, there are certain groups of children who can nutritionally benefit from a vitamin supplement, including:
- Finicky eaters who don’t eat enough overall
- Children who don’t eat mostly well-balanced meals of fresh, whole foods
- Children with digestive problems or are often sick
- Children who eat a lot of convenience, processed, and fast foods
- Vegans, vegetarians, and children on other restricted diets such as dairy-free
Important vitamins and minerals for kids
There are many micronutrients growing kids need, but there are a few that are particularly important. These include:
- Vitamin A: important children’s normal growth and development, vision, skin health and immune system function.
- Vitamin B: essential for normal energy production, metabolism, blood formation and healthy nervous systems
- Vitamin C: necessary for normal, healthy collagen formation for the skin, and connective tissue.
- Vitamin D: contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth and is required for normal bone structure and the absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- Calcium: contributes to children’s normal growth and development
- Iron: required for children’s normal growth, cognitive development and blood formation
Tips for getting vitamins from fresh foods
Your children’s health begins with what you buy at the supermarket. Optimal nutrition requires serving up a variety of fresh, whole foods whenever possible. Fruits and vegetables are excellent sources of the vitamins your child needs and contributes to heart health. Aim for more variety to ensure your child receives all the essential vitamins they need and help them maintain a healthy weight. Try to spread lots of different foods throughout the day in several small snacks and meals.
Using children’s vitamin products in NZ
Despite parents’ best intentions, some kids just won’t be able to consume a healthy and varied enough diet to cover their vitamin needs. In these cases – or for any parent who wants to cover all the nutritional bases and do everything they can to give their child the best health odds possible – vitamin supplements are a smart choice. Sound nutrition is instrumental in any kid’s development and learning, so make sure they receive everything they need when you buy children’s vitamins online. At NZ Nutritionals, we understand the unique nutritional needs of children. We also understand that you want only the best for them. That’s why we make it easy to buy the quality vitamin supplements you want. Our best children’s multivitamin and mineral product is Pro-life Junior Liquid Multi, which provides 10 vitamins, 9 minerals and other essential nutrients in a yummy liquid. When you’re looking for a good children’s vitamin online in NZ, rest assured that our products are made with the finest ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible. Your kids trust you to look after their needs – trust NZ Nutritionals to look after yours.